As an Iowa West Foundation grantee, we’re excited to help you tell your story and to help promote the great work your organization does. IWF loves to celebrate and collaborate on your good news, stories, and promotions when possible. Bookmark this page as a resource to help you collaborate with us to spread the news about your organization.
The guidelines, resources, and toolkits below highlight best practices around using Iowa West Foundation assets as well as tools to enhance and support your own storytelling.
Let’s spread the good news about your organization!
Submit Logo & Details
We’d love to tell the story and the impact of the grant throughout the cycle, when possible, on social media, newsletters, press releases, and other publications. It would be great to have your logo and other brand assets to help illustrate the story and build awareness around the grant and your organization.
- Help us spread awareness and celebrate alongside you by sending your logo and other brand assets and guidelines.
- Tell us the importance of the grant in your own words.
- Contact information for follow-up questions.
Submit a Success Story: There is Power in Storytelling
As your grant unfolds, please take a moment to share your stories with us. We want to help connect your organization with the community and leverage the power of storytelling to increase your reach, resources, and the impact of your organization.
Whenever possible and relevant, we’d like to feature your organization. There are so many great stories to tell; unfortunately, we can’t feature them all, but we will do our best! Once you’ve submitted your story, you could hear from a communications team member to gather more information. Personal narratives around the impact of the grant will create a connection, so others can relate and engage with the story and your organization. When using real names and photos of clients or those impacted by your grant, please ensure you have a signed photo release from your organization, or you can use the IWF release.
Submit your stories, story ideas, and events to Nicole Lindquist anytime throughout this grant cycle and as many times as you like.
Iowa West Foundation loves to collaborate and celebrate great partnerships. We’re happy to assist with the following:
- Crafting a press release
- Quotes from our CEO, Brenda Mainwaring, or the appropriate grant officer
- Story pitches or general storytelling for social media
- Features in our newsletter and or blog
- Other communication-related questions
- Photo and or other releases
Guidelines When Mentioning IWF or Using IWF Branding
We ask that you communicate with us for feedback and approval. Please follow the guidelines below.
- Please reference the brand guidelines when using the Iowa West Foundation logo provided in the orange tabs of the resources portion of the page below.
- Please use our approved boilerplate copy to provide details about the foundation in press releases or other publications here.
- If you wish to include more background about Iowa West Foundation than what was provided in the boilerplate copy, please get in touch with Nicole Lindquist at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips for Promoting Your Grant
- When posting to social media, be sure to tag the Iowa West Foundation and other relevant partners.
- Use stories to share information about your grant on your website, annual report, newsletters, board meetings, professional groups and committees, donor communications, and social media channels.
- Share media coverage you receive about your grant and related projects through your newsletters, social media pages, and website and tag or link media outlets.
We would appreciate tagging or mentioning IWF in digital communications when directly speaking about funding sources or grant-specific stories and their impact. This will help us celebrate and spread your story through shares or re-shares when possible. We also love to collaborate with our grantees on social media takeovers. If you are interested in a takeover opportunity, please get in touch with Nicole Lindquist
IWF Social Handles
(Be sure to give us a follow too, if you have not already!)
LinkedIn: Iowa West Foundation