Iowa West’s Board of Directors recently re-elected four board members to serve another 3-year term. In addition, both the Iowa West Foundation and the Iowa West Racing Association elected officers for 2018. Re-elected board members include: Rick Crowl (IWF); Rick Killion (IWRA); Kate Cutler (IWF) and Tara Slevin (IWF).
“Our Board members have the significant responsibility of being good stewards of the Foundation’s assets and ensuring that our investments have a lasting impact, said Pete Tulipana, President and CEO of the Iowa West Foundation. “We are confident all of our board members will serve as great contributors to achieving the vision of the Iowa West Foundation: a community where families choose to live and businesses choose to locate because of the quality of life and standard of living.”
Board officers for 2018 include:
- Rick Crowl of Council Bluffs was re-elected as IWF Chair;
- Matt Gronstal of Council Bluffs was elected as IWF Vice-Chair;
- Tara Slevin of Council Bluffs was elected as IWF Secretary/Treasurer;
- Rick Killion of Council Bluffs was re-elected as IWRA President;
- Amy Crawford of Council Bluffs was elected as IWRA Vice-President; and
- Doug Goodman of Council Bluffs was elected as IWRA Secretary-Treasurer
The Iowa West Foundation is one of the largest private foundations in the Midwest. It has distributed more than $420 million in grants to non-profits and governmental agencies through southwest Iowa and eastern Nebraska since the inception of its grant program in 1996. Funding for the grants comes from investment earnings and the Iowa West Racing Association, which receives contractual fees from casino operators, Ameristar and Harrah’s. IWRA is the license sponsor for Ameristar and Harrah’s and the license holder for Horseshoe-Bluffs Run.
Director of Communications