The following is a list of helpful tools to build your organization’s capacity that includes resources on fundraising, governance, grant writing, evaluation, volunteer tracking and much more.
BoardSource – a thought-leader on board governance practices
Council Bluffs Public Library – The library hosts access to the Foundation Directory, a database that includes millions of records related to foundations, corporate donors, and grant-making charities. You must visit the library in-person to use this resource.
The library also has regular training on grant writing.
Nonprofit Association of the Midlands – The nonprofit association for western Iowa and Nebraska
• Tools and Templates (Finance, Human Resources, & More)
• Networking Groups
• Community Events & Training Calendar
• Nonprofit Executive Institute
Independent Sector – Access to a toolkit that estimates the value of volunteer time
Omaha Community Foundation – Connects people who care about our community with the people and nonprofits who are doing the most good here.
• Nonprofit Capacity Building Program
• Omaha / Pottawattamie Gives – an annual 24-giving day with incentives & matching funds
• The Landscape – a data-driven reflection of the Omaha-Council Bluffs area
Stanford Social Innovation Review (SSIR) – covers cross-sector solutions to global problems. SSIR is written by and for social change leaders from around the world and from all sectors of society—nonprofits, foundations, business, government, and engaged citizens.
University of Nebraska Omaha
• Certificate in Fundraising Management Program
• Support and Training for the Evaluation of Programs (STEPS)